Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ball-Bot Research Access (FREE)

I have found a decent way for everyone to be able to access my research. Please go to dropbox.com and use this to log in:

email:                  clickmerchant@gmail.com
password:           bloggergoodies

I have uploaded the .pdf copy of our final research paper. I am in the process of getting all of our additional research together for you hard working engineering students (and everyone else who cares) to utilize. I hope to upload all of our Arduino source code as soon as I get it off of the Ball-Bot, and I'm trying to get a hold of our SolidWorks files.
In the 'External Contributions' folder, you (or anyone) is free to upload anything relevant to any of my blogs for others to use. I would greatly appreciate it if you share any useful information, and please be respectful to and my fellow bloggers!

If you want to read my Arduino blogs, I have started to compile some tutorials for you here:






Also, don't forget to check out my videos on YouTube! Here is the Ball-Bot final presentation video:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0PnIyyydPE

I also made individual videos on the accelerometer and gyro that were used in the Ball-Bot, and can be seen here (as well as at my Arduino blogs):

ADXL345 (accelerometer):     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eyQJgTIFNE
IDG500 (gyroscope):              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ml3eC5gSdc

They are what the IMU (inertial measurement unit) is comprised of for autonomous balance control. In the Arduino code, this IMU board is also used as a PID (proportional-plus-integral-plus-derivative) controller for added stability, robustness, and smooth kinematics.
Control systems theory enthusiasts can appreciate the steady-state error correction facilitated by a PID controller. Wiki the PID controller!


I'm listed in Technology

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Could you give pass to clickmerchant@gmail.com so can look on research papers?

    Thanks you very much.

    Regards, Radek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I have reviewed your “BALLBOT Final Report”.
    CONTROL SYSTEM THEORY describing state equations is included in this report.
    However, you don’t use state equations result, but you use PID control in your Ballbot.
    I wonder why you don’t use state equations result.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant. Thank you!